» Our Philosophy & Mission
Our Philosophy & Mission
Lil' Reading Scientists Philosophy:
Most children can learn to read well if:
- We build a solid foundation of spoken language and reading readiness skills before actual reading skills are taught.
- The code to reading is taught explicitly, systematically and sequentially and through multisensory means.
- We teach to mastery and therefore do not allow children to develop gaps in their reading foundation skills.
- The instructor is well-educated in his/her field.
Lil' Reading Scientists Mission:
- To promote literacy in young children
- To improve the quality of the lives of children through the gift of literacy
- To disseminate information regarding the importance of literacy in relation to success in school and in life
- To promote literacy within the community